Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I turned my Fisher and Pykel front loader on and it wants a

Customer Question

I turned my Fisher and Pykel front loader on and it wants a drum clean. When I follow all the instructions and press the start button I get a series of beeps and nothing happens. This also happens when you turn the dial to select the wash mode. In have turned it on and off, waiting for about 60 or more seconds and this has not fixed the problem.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Only since today when I needed to wash some clothes. I also performed a filter drain and cleaned the filter as well. It is just that the machine is not responding to any of its controls when turned on.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Only since this evening. When turned on the "cottons" are selected with a time of 2 hrs, 17 mins and "drum clean" flashes. When I select "drum clean" the selector dial does not respond, nor do any of the other controls. There does not appear to be any fault codes or faults displayed.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I know how to and can safely do so. yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I think that I have covered all the faults here.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

I believe the electronic control has problems. Unplug the machine for at least 4 hours to reset the control. Any change when it is plugged back in?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Kelly, I resolved my problem by looking at another website and found that a Lady had exactly the same problem with her washer. The problem was that the key lock was on and when I found out how to turn it off, all issues were solved and my washer now works fine. Just have to remember to keep the key lock turned off.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Glad you got it going. Thank you for taking the time to post back, I appreciate that! Have a great weekend!