Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Rick, Rick I have a westinghouse side by side WSE6070SB with

Customer Question

Hi Rick
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Hi Rick I have a westinghouse side by side WSE6070SB with a cracked water supply hose at the bottom of hinge. Can this be replace ? do I have to remove and dismantle the door? I have taken off the dispenser face to get to tube but it seems to stuck in foam, what are my options? Thanks Greg
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: 2 weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Greg your options are grim. Normally this is not a replaceable part and you need to get a door. You can try and feed a 12 gauge solid copper wire down the tube and attached it via tape or glue it together to a new line and then try and pull the line back through, but that is really it other than buying a door.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.