Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My front load Fisher and Paykel washing machine is 9 years

Customer Question

My front load Fisher and Paykel washing machine is 9 years old now. has been great, till today. Stopped mid cycle and won't restart. Electronic keys don't seem to work. have turned it off and waited several times, but still no luck. If power bowrd is stuffed, is it worth repairing or do I go for a new one - and if I have to do that, how do I open the door to get my washing out?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's an AWF 60 MD and it's at least 9 years old but may be 11. The manual is copyrighted 2005.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am time poor, can afford a new one, but don't like to throw something away if I can get a few more years out of it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It does sound like your control board is the problem. I am trying to find out the price of your board to see if you want to spend the money.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Sadly your control board is not listed online with a price but you can call the manuafacturer directly and they will be able to let you know the cost of the new board. Typically boards run anywhere from 100-400 dollars depending on the type of board.

This is the number you will need to call in order to contact them

1.***-***-****

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were able to figure out anything further?