Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I am trying to fault find on a sb907wj 07 dish washer. the

Customer Question

hi, I am trying to fault find on a sb907wj 07 dish washer. the heater does not work all the time. I have determined that the heating element is ok because it is reading on the ohm meter. How to I determine if the electronic controller or the temp senser is faulty.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Westinghouse sb907wj07. Can you instruct as to how to run the test cycle.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yeah, I am a qualified auto electrican with a ticket to test leads etc. and don't think I will get into to much trouble. your reply's are super quick
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just how to run the test cycle and what the numbers mean would be great thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

To Test the temperature-sensing thermostat, which may be at the midline of the tub -- check your manual’s wiring diagram to confirm -- with a multimeter by touching one probe to each terminal, or attaching alligator clips to them. Set the dial of the multimeter at Rx1. Look for a reading of infinity. Hold the thermostat next to a hot lamp. The reading should drop to zero.

In the event the temp sensor is not the issue you can not test the control board you will just have to replace it which I believe is what your problem is going to be.

replacing temp sensor

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+test+a+dishwasher+temp+sensor&view=detail&mid=22E39D0A4FFFC60A2A8A22E39D0A4FFFC60A2A8A&FORM=VIRE

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.