Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I tried to put in a question about my dish drawer which

Customer Question

Hi I tried to put in a question about my dish drawer which won't turn off. I put in my expiry date wrong but the card is good. It wouldn't take it either because I put May instead of April or because of being in NZ perhaps our dish drawers are different.
My question is:
I have been out and returned to find my dish drawer won't turn off either from the power button r the wall switch. Water is not a problem, but the engine keeps turning over and may have been doing this for hours. I can get a electrician tomorrow but need to turn it off. It shows F1 and a spanner.
Caroline McGrath
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 21 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Caroline that means the unit has detected water in the flood basin under the unit it will not shut off and it will just run the pump until the area is dried out. You will either have to remove the drawer and dry up the water under the unit and sensor or shut the power off to the unit at the circuit breaker.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!