George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs

Bosch Dishwasher E24 code. I've had it all apart and there

Customer Question

Bosch Dishwasher E24 code. I've had it all apart and there is no blockage. Worked once after putting it back together but now just keeps giving E24 code.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7 years old. Model Number SMS63M08AU/07
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. I don't think it is worth paying for a technicaian given its age. If I can't fix it then i'll buy a new one.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 23 days ago.

Look at the image in the link below.. This could be an unseated suction cap, a partial blockage of the heat exchanger hose, or simply a failing drain pump itself

Replacement Spare Parts - SMS63M08AU/07

If part 0433 is not seated properly, the dishwasher will not drain and E24 will occur

If part 0436 - 0437 is partially blocked the dishwasher will not drain and E24 will occur

If the drain pump is failing, or the impeller is faulty on the drain pump the dishwasher will not drain and E24 will occur

Check the first two... If no fault found with the first two, unplug the drain hose from the outlet and place it into a bucket and try to drain.. If still no drainage, replace the drain pump.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I've already checked the cover is correctly seated and had the hose off and checked that it is not blocked. How to test the drain pump?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 21 days ago.

Sorry for the delay, I had a computer outage.

You can physically test the pump by checking the rotating action and the security of the impeller.

You can check the resistance between the two terminals of the pump motor with a multimeter.. so long as you get a decent resistance you should then be safe to do a powered test of the pump..

The live test of the pump is done by putting the applianceinto a rinse mode and then draining the appliance whilst the drain hose is not connected to the drain point, but is placed into a bucket.