Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

My Fisher Paykal Wash smart Model WA1068G1 keeps going out

Customer Question

Hi My Fisher Paykal Wash smart Model WA1068G1 keeps going out of balance , We live in a remote area and cant get technicians out so would like to fix myself
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: About two weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I am a builder and am pretty handy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just keeps going out of balance , is three years old and has had a family of six worth of washing through it
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you today. Sorry to hear you are having this issue with your washer. So when it goes out of balance is it every load or just once in a while depending on the size of the load? When it goes out of balance what exactly happens?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
every load ,no matter the size
It starts to spin on the rinse cycle then clunks then unbalance code then beeps to be attended to.
I have pulled the pump off and cleaned foreign debris out , taken the top off to access the top of the struts , all seems to be in good order
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.
Can you manually turn the drum by hand? Is it loose does it pull back and forth? If your unit has a belt under the drum it could be a broken drive belt?