Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have an RJ532S Westinghouse and I have taken the panel off

Customer Question

I have an RJ532S Westinghouse and I have taken the panel off the back of the freezer to inspect the ice build up and removed the ice and I also put a multimeter acros the wires to the fan. I can see 245 volts across the wires but the fan is not working
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a westinghouse freestyle RJ532s AROUND 15 YREARS OLD The fridge and freezer work o but noticed ice build up and fan not working
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i have 245 volts across the wires of the fan so I am assuming that the fan is broken, yes if this is the issue I will change the fan myuself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: would there be another issue for the fan not to work?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 29 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Yes you have a bad fan and need to change that out 100%, that will fix the whole issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!