Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

We have a Global 300 Dishlex dishwasher. The detergent

Customer Question

We have a Global 300 Dishlex dishwasher. The detergent powder dispenser no longer opens during the wash cycle, leaving the dishes dirty and wet. Any solution?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: We have a Global 300 Dishlex dishwasher. How do you run a diagnostic test cycle?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, If we can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. Do you happen to have the model number of your dishwasher. It sounds to me like your dispenser may possibly be broken and will need replaced.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Global 300
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dishlex
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Yes that is the brand the model number will be located on the inside of the door. I will need that to pull up your exact unit.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
DX300IWW
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

https://shop.onlineappliancespares.com.au/part/8905145-111684/37669

This is the part for your unit you will need to replace.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The dispenser opens normally when I need to add powder, but doesn't open during the wash cycle.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

The detergent dispenser is designed to release detergent into the dishwasher tub during the wash cycles and will typically have two compartments, an unsealed compartment for prewash and a sealed compartment for the main wash cycle. Verify that the dispenser is not simply clogged with caked on detergent and give it a good cleaning if necessary. Also check to make sure that the cover for the dispenser will open easily and is not damaged or broken. Check the release mechanism for worn or defective parts and replace if necessary. The rinse aid dispenser is designed to release rinse aid into the tub during the rinse cycle. Verify that the dispenser is full and is not clogged with detergent and verify that the cap is adjusted properly. The dispensers may be operated by either a mechanical devise or by a bi-metal release or wax motor devise.