AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

I have a Neff oven. The display is working and the time is

Customer Question

I have a Neff oven. The display is working and the time is set, and no special functions appear on/active. The oven works on the grill setting BUT on the hot air circulation setting the fan works but the oven doesn't heat up much at all (only a very slight amount) regardless of temperature setting.I have already tried switching 5 times back and forth from the hot air to conventional setting to turn off any safety off function and 333 was displayed as expected.Any suggestions?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is E-FD.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry - it has an E number of B1641N0/03 and a FD number of 3011.Also has the following:
- B-AP26-4, and
- MEGA 469
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

First thing to do is check that you have continuity through the main fan oven element and that you have a voltage at the element tags - then come back to me with your results - Ian

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ian can you please give a bit more information on how and where to do that. Thanks. Mike.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a multimeter or continuity tester?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think I can get my hands on a multimeter. Can you please describe for me in detail where to check for continuity through the main fan oven element and voltage at the element tags?By the way - the oven lights don't work either, although I'm not sure if that's linked or if it's just that both globes are out (we don't use them so I am not sure if they were working before or not).
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Copy and past the following link into your browser - http://www.neff.co.uk/store/sparepart/finder/detail/B1641N0/03 -- go to page 4 and the fan oven element is part 09 6823 whilch is located behind the front cover 29 0278. However you will have to remove the oven from the cabinet to access the electrical connections at the rear of the oven - back cover has to be removed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK thanks. I have a working multimeter I can use now. Do I set it to the 300v AC setting?And do I just remove the front cover 29 0278 from the inside and then test the fan oven element from the front? And do that by putting the multimeter probes at each connecting point on the base of the heater element ring and test that with the Air Heating mode on and off to check if there is current across those points?Or does it need to be done from the back after removing the back cover?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Remove the unit from its cabinet, put it on a covered table or milk crate. Take off the back cover and you will see the electrical cables that connect to the rear of the circular fan oven element. With the multimeter set to 300 volts AC switch the main fan oven on and test for a voltage across the two element terminals - then come back to me.