Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

Washing machine wont recognize spin cycle at end of quick

Customer Question

washing machine wont recognize spin cycle at end of quick wash .cant get it to spin
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your washing machine. What is the model number of your unit so I can pull up your manual?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Bosch maxx classic front loader 1000 rev
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Ok so its a bosch now I just need the model number and we are all set.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will have to wait until I get home this evening
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

That is totally fine I will follow up with you once I receive the model number. I just don't want to give you the wrong advice.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

The first thing to check is the wash load. Modern washing machines have built in out of balance protection and will refuse to spin out of balanced loads to protect against serious damage. The worst loads for this problem are single items which are heavy when wet, or small loads, particularly if they have a single heavy item amongst them.

Therefore there is always a possibility there isn’t an actual fault. A quick check would be to see if the washer spins with no load in, or with a totally different (fuller more balanced) load. If it does, check this article carefully to understand this problem

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The answer you gave me doesn't fix my problem as I previously stated that I had tried the options you had mentioned. I was expecting a better outcome. The model number in case you didn't get my last emails WAE20261AU/01. I hope you can come up with an answer
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I didn't think it would fix the problem I was just throwing out some general information was all while I was waiting on your model number. I am pulling up your manuals now. We will figure this out.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Now is it only when you are doing the quick wash its not working?