Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an Asko W640 front load washing machine which is

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: Hello Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have an Asko W640 front load washing machine which is continually showing a fault message 'water outlet fault"
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It usually shows this message about 35 minutes into the program. I have removed the pin trap plug / cover many times and there is nothing in it. Is there another part of the water outlet / pump system where there could be a blockage ? Thank You Haydn
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have pulled the back off the machine and had a look at it, but could not see any blockage in the drain hose after the water pump
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm not sure
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

If the drain line is clear you should check the pump impeller it may be broken off the motor shaft. Normally at that age the pumps needs to be replaced on the unit. I would suggest replacing the pump or taking the pump out and checking it for sure!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!