Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our 10 year old fridge model E521T is leaking water. water

Customer Question

our 10 year old fridge model E521T is leaking water. water is under veg box leaking through the door onto the floor
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I haven't rated your answer to our fridge problem because I have not been at home to follow your instructions as to why water is leaking under the fridge. As soon as I have I will definitely rate your solution to the problem and send you our comments., regards, Maureen.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I cannot as yet rate you as I have not been able to get the back panel out of the freezer. Do you have any suggestions on how to do. I have written you two emails asking this question. I am happy to rate your advice when I get a reply from you. At the moment we cannot not get the back panel out of the freezer to follow the rest of your instruction.

Regards. Maureen

Do you see the screws on the back panel

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

There are no screws on the back panel inside the freezer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I have not had a reply back from you yet when I wrote and told you that there were no screws on the back panel inside the freezer.

I have also noted that you have already charged my credit card which you should not have done so as I have not had so far a solution to the problem. Please reply to my queries regarding a solution to the refrigerator problem. I find it unsettling that you have already charged my credit card when there has not been a solution to the problem so far and it is up to me to decide whether the service was satisfactory.

I look forward to hearing from you.