Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

We have a CMSC45 coffee machine. Turning it on we press the

Customer Question

We have a CMSC45 coffee machine. Turning it on we press the hot water button but no water comes out. It comes up with the message "ground too fine adjust mill". We press the OK button and the machine only clicks. Reading the trouble shooting it appears that we have an air lock in the system. We have to turn the machine off to get the hot water message up again. Pressing this starts the pump only to get the error message again. How do we get rid of the air lock?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It has been over a day since I asked this question. Do I have to report this to PayPal?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who tries to assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your coffee maker. It is actually a pretty simple fix.

GROUND TOO FINE ADJUST

MILL alternating with PRESS

OK

The grinding is too fine

and the coffee is delivered

too slowly.

The machine cannot make

coffee as there is air in the

hydraulic circuit.

Turn the grinding adju-

stment knob one click

clockwise towards "7".

Press the OK button (B9)

and deliver water from the

cappuccino maker

If you find this information helpful please rate with 5 stars at the top. If you have follow up questions please feel free to follow up with me here on this thread.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is air in the hydraulic circuit. Pressing the OK button only results with a solenoid energising and de-energising straight away. with the error message failing to clear. As my original question stated "how do I purge the air out of the hydraulic circuit".
The answer you have given me is straight from the users manual which I have read several times. Why would I pay money to get a manual read to me?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Air lock happens when hot water in the reservoir cools down and pulls a partial vacuum. I'm not familiar with your machine on hand because I dot have this particular one but mine has an anti-vacuum valve that opens when the tank cools. At any rate, airlock can be cured by opening the steam valve.

Do you know where the steam valve is located?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The steam valve is where the hot water comes out. The machine has to establish water flow before any other button can be operated
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Have you tried running the pump with the steam valve open (so that it might pump hot water out the steam valve?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The only option given when the machine is turned on is to purge the hot water. No other controls are available until this happens
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

I have honestly run out of options. I am not sure what would need to be done to purge the hot water. At any rate I can opt out and see if any other experts any have an idea or you can contact them manufacturer so they can easily walk you through it. I am sorry that my advice did not help solve the problem. Pleas let me know how you wish to proceed?

Spare and Service Department
Fax +39 0522 821 424***@******.***

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am paying for an answer so if you could pass it onto a SMEG expert then it would be greatly appreciated