Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

We have a Gaggenau in bench 230 series steamer. The steamer

Customer Question

We have a Gaggenau in bench 230 series steamer. The steamer cuts out during cooking. The "hanger" symbol goes off and the steaming stops. We lift the lid, let the steam out, the symbol comes on again and the steamer restarts. Can you please guide us through the steps to re-set the steamer. Many thanks, ***** ***** Dee
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

That means the Customer Comparison is n use, see the attached page.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kelly, I opened your answer to my question – it was “this means the customer comparison is on”. I opened the page that you sent but it didn’t have an obvious step by step path to solution.Our in bench steamer is a 230 series which we installed in 2004. We don’t have the instruction manual.Can you please be more specific about what we have to do to solve the problem.Many thanks,Dee
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

I can't give you much more specific information without a model number, unfortunately.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I wrote to you that our in bench steamer is a 230 series which was purchased and installed in 2004. I don't have any other information. I would have thought that you have full access to gagganeu model numbers in that period. I can take a photo of it and share it with you but I am sure you are familiar with the model. Dee
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, 230 is not a full model number. It is a model series but I have no way to know what control system you have without the entire model number. I will place your question back to the lit.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kelly, I think I have found the model number - VK230-110. Dee
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have not heard from anyone. Dee