Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have an lg front loader washer and dryer 10kg. I put in a

Customer Question

Hi i have an lg front loader washer and dryer 10kg. I put in a very large load of towels - looks like the cycle finished without dispensing the fabric softener. However, the washing machine has no power now at all
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no but i have a friend who repairs lg washers
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model w1256-rd
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

There is a good chance the filter board may have blown the fuse on it. This is not a replaceable fuse, but if the load was too large it could have drawn too much current through that board causing it to burn out. Then it the unit would be just dead with no signs of power to it. Check and make sure the outlet is good and has power and if so you will likely need to change out the main control board.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!