AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

D I have a Fisher & Paykel fabricsmart washing

Customer Question

Hi Pearl :D I have a Fisher & Paykel fabricsmart washing machine....it's leaking water. The hose 'appears' to be in tact
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Think it's about 2 yrs old.....hoping it may still be under warranty. My husband has put the receipt in a 'safe' place so will need to look for it further
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Guess it depends what you think may be wrong?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all I know
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The unit may be under warranty still and the leak could be from a hose under the unit or bad seal. You should tip the unit up against the wall and try to find the leak there. Everything is pretty accessible from under the unit so you should be able to find it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!