Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

I've a MW511 top-loader washing machine which ran fine until

Customer Question

Hi. I've a MW511 top-loader washing machine which ran fine until pump-out of the wash cycle. Then all machine power went out and a safety switch thrown on my house fuse box.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Fisher and PAykel MW511 - about 12 yrs old and has worked fine.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes - I'm an out of towner. I'm assuming an internal fuse has blown, probably due to exposed wire - but I guess I shouldn't assume.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's about it Pearl. I have inspected and cleaned - there doesn't seem to be anything obvious and the pump is still solidly seated.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I suspect that one of two things happened.

1. The pump leaked and got water on an electrical connector that then shorted out the main control.
  2. The pump circuit on the main control is faulty and blew when it was time to toggle on the pump.