Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I hope yo can help me as Mistral no longer has service

Customer Question

Good morning
Hi, I hope yo can help me as Mistral no longer has service agents in Australia.
We just installed the air conditioner, new out of the box, and we can't get it to work. The green power and red sleep lights stay on together and the unit won't run. We can't get it to come off sleep mode and the electrician as well as us, have tried everything. We have tried the manual reset, taking the batteries out of remote, resetting the power supply, still nothing seems to work! It's like the sleep timer is stuck on, but not according to the display. Even the installer couldn't get it going. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
We realise it's an old model, but it has never been installed and was new in the box.
Is there a special sequence or procedure/part we need to get it going?
I've searched the web for answers and while there are plenty of questions from people with the same problem, no one has come up with a solution.
Can help me as it is not usable at all? I look forward to your positive response.
Kind regards
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the model number off unit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mistral MSS10 air con

OK do you see the power button on the unit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Things I have tried
1- Does the unit make a beep when changing the remote settings - Yes it does
2- Infra red LED on the end of the remote control lights up when you push a button on the remote — Have light, remote not dead
3- While pointing it at the unit pushed and held the sleep button for 5 sec or so, then tried the cancel button. Nothing happens
4- Opened up the filter cover on the front of the indoor unit, behind Mistral badge is a forced/test cooling/heating operation button. There are two buttons - top one says test, nothing happens at all. The other is manual power. Does the same as the remote. Blades open and close once, then nothing, lights just keep flashing.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have also tried shorting out the remote as advised in user manual. No difference

This sounds like the control board is defective on the unit not much else would cause that issue I am afraid to say. You need to replace the main board in the unit to fix this issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** you may not be aware, Mistral Australia no longer exists, and hasn't for many years, and there are no parts available, hence contacting you. I even emailed Mistral Malaysia and Singapore who both responded but could not help. As the lights flash, i believe it is a fault code but no way of finding which one to isolate the problem.Sorry, but your suggestion is no help at all.