Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

On a Chef Classic wall oven fan, I have a replacement motor

Customer Question

On a Chef Classic wall oven fan, I have a replacement motor however the terminals are not marked, it has 2 spade terminals,
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its a chef classic wall oven grill combo , it would be about 12yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no that's all I have removed the faulty fan , replaced the element whilst I was at it, but im unsure if the fan motor is polarity conscious as its has no markings
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Either wire can go on either terminal it makes no difference at all.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!