AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.

I have a side by side lg fridge freezer model GC-P197DPSL

Customer Question

I have a side by side lg fridge freezer model GC-P197DPSL and recently stopped cooling,when I checked the back the compressor was working although the condenser was clogged full of fluff,after cleaning and switching back on still no cooling any advice much appreciated
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** is there any heat being generated by the condenser?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Ian,no there was no heat generated by the condenser.I put a bullet piercing valve to check if it was short of gas and it was negative pressure which I think is correct as it is R600a .Was thinking maybe a blockage somewhere, cheers Graham
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

What pressures did you have at static ie not running and 5 minutes after start up?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
At static it was -5 psi ,thinking it was short of gas I vacced it out and put in ofn ,checking for a leak not knowing this gas runs at negative pressure ,so not sure what the running pressure is
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Vac it out again and then charge it to about -15hg - then leave it for a while and tell me whether its working correctly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Ian will do,I'll have to track some gas down first and let you know
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

OK no worries, could I ask that you rate the information given sofar by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me at any time for further help. Thank you for using JA and have a good day.