Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My kleenmaid DW10X was badly leaking water after 2minutes

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. My kleenmaid DW10X was badly leaking water after 2minutes on . I stopped the cycle, opened the door and saw that water is sitting in the bottom of the dishwasher. We l ft it overnight to see if it wild drain and it did not. We have not used it regularly, and this is first use for 2 months.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Kleenmaid dw10x. Cannot run at all for fear water will flood out again. It's clearly blocked.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends what the work is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure yet
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a subscription customer I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our Subscription Customers!

Does the units drain line go to a siphon gap next to the sink faucet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Guru :-) Glad I got back to you after payment.
Drain line goes to under sink. Not sure what a siphon gap looks like. I'm an IT tech so not afraid to discover...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Correction...looks like drain goes to under sink
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

OK can you remove the drain line and see if the unit will drain into a bucket?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have done that. Nothing to drain. Have also checked whether the sink u-pipe it drains into is isn't.

Is the drain pump running on the unit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hmmm. Don't know. Where is the drain pump and how can I check?

You would hear it running it is under the unit by the main wash motor.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unit is off and am concerned that water will spill out onto wooden floors again if switched on. In this model can I turn on without water running?

Yes you should be able to turn it on then Cancel the cycle and the drain pup should run.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok... Hold on

no problem

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No cancel option on this model. Only
1. Pre wash
2. 60 degreesI turned it to 1 then. I didn't need to o press Start; it began straight away. I turned it off after 3 seconds Only the sound of water still trickling in after it was stopped.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Seems when I turned it off straight after I saw the water on the floor last night it is still stuck in mid cycle

You may have to use a shopvac to suck out all the water then remove the unit from the cabinet to get at that pump effectively. Have you taken apart the sump to check for any blockages inside the unit yet? You need to suck out all that water first in the machine though to do that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hmmmm All that beyond me. No shop arc. No danger idea where the sump wild be. Need to call a tech I think.
Is there anything else I could try on the inside to help drain the water, as a final resort b4 calling tech? Perhaps lift out and clean one of those...self cleaning micro filter, under waster teap(which is empty btw)...?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No shop vac...

Can you get anything to suck out the water?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Think I might have solved the problem. I lifted out the waste trap and felt around in the drain w fingers... Found a piece of PLastic !!! Pulled it running a pre wash test... So far so good...

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pre wash almost done and no leaks!!!!

SOunds good I will be here!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh oh... Same problem ... After 10 mins

You may want to search around it again you may have more foreign objects in there causing the blockage. I bet there is something in the drain pump causing that issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was draining up to now. I Could feel the water running out the drain hose when hand on hose. Any final thoughts?