Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

I have a Samsung J845 washing machine that does not spin. It

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Samsung J845 washing machine that does not spin. It gives error message E3, and I'm trying to locate the motor.
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: I am not sure how old it is, but this is the first time to see the error message,
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm hoping to, but it depends on how complicated it is. This model does not allow you to pull the back panel off, so can't see very easily.
JA: Anything else you want the whitegoods expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I assume that this is a pair service but I am not sure how much it will cost.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: *paid.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The motor is mounted under the tub. Access is gained by removing the main top panel, followed by the front control panel and then finally the entire front panel of the machine. The rubber door boot has a wire spring clamp around the front that needs to be removed to get the panel off.