Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a fault with a dishwasher Westinghouse error 120, No

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a fault with a dishwasher Westinghouse error 120
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: No I haven't
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Im a plumber and it had an issue with the water inlet and I fixed that but the tenant is now saying about this fault
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure if it is an easy fix , blockage in the pump?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

This means the dishwasher is not draining the water, check the drain hose and pump on the unit. I would remove the drain hose from where it connects to the drain trap and see if the unit will drain into a bucket ruling out a blockage at the trap or siphon gap. If it does not drain check the drain hose for blockages and then get at the pump to check it for a foreign object or blockage there. If all that is clean you may need to replace the drain pump on the unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!