Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

My microwave SA35MX is not working properly. Machine

Customer Question

Hi My microwave SA35MX is not working properly. Machine indicates 0 then goes to 99 and indicates lights g and then reverts to 2.10 and works then out of the blue. Touch pad does not seem to respond Can you help Can't find anything to explain this behaviour in manual
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Kelly It is working again!!?? But I will keep an eye open for this.
It the part needing replacement the touch control panel?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Oftentimes, moisture gets between the pads and creates the electrical path for the signal to the control. That is why the heat and rubbing will usually correct its bad behavior. It has likely dried out and will be fine until moisture gets back in there. Glad it is working!