Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

My Zanussi Condenser Dryer (Mod ZDC 47200W) stopped working

Customer Question

My Zanussi Condenser Dryer (Mod ZDC 47200W) stopped working suddenly. Seemed to be working fine one day, then not the next. I pulled the sides and top off and power is going through to the control board. Any ideas what need to be fixed? Is there a way to test if the control board has gone?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: sure.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

If power is going to the control board but nothing is comming on then its going to be the control board 100%. Ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault.

As on the back of the board you will see the wires going to a switching unit attached to the board. This is a switching unit which causes this fault. Now its a sealed unit full of switches and springs so you cannot open it as it will all pop out.

So when this fault happens all you can do is replace the complete control board on this im afraid,

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's a pretty expensive part to replace, and would be a waste if this is not the issue. Is there some way to be sure the control board is at fault? And if I replace it, will it just fail again immediately, i.e. any idea of the cause? The appliance is only a few years old - I would have expected it to last longer...
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 months ago.
The only test you can do you've already done it as alI can do is just check for voltage going in.Other than that it's just a case of replacing the control board. But as I said this is a very common fault with these we replace loads of them in the past. As there isnt that much in a dryer. You have a heater, motor, thermostat and a control board so if there is nothing coming up on the display then it can only be the control board.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I read on the zanussi parts site that if the door switch is bust, that would prevent it from starting - but presumably then there would still be at least some lights/leds showing on the control board?Anyway, thanks, I'll order a new control board.
That's correct about the door switch as if that fails it only stops the dryer from starting. You will still get all the lights coming up if the lock failed. Also these locks never fail I cannot remember replacing one for a long time on these.You will find the control board will cure this. Just remember to give the full product number of the dryer when you order as there's quite a few different versions so the full product number will get you the correct board.

I see the question is still open, Is there anything else you need to know? If so then just get back to me.

If not then could you please remember to rate the answer and that will close the question.

Many thanks