Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a domestic RM8501 fridge in my caravan. It has been

Customer Question

I have a domestic RM8501 fridge in my caravan. It has been working very well. I turned it on today and it is cooling as usual, however it keeps on emitting an intermittent tone, as though the door has been left open for more than a couple of minutes, but the door is actually closed. Do you have any ideas??
Regards Rog
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Try to following door gasket seal test. Using a paper money bill, place it at various spots around the door gasket, while opening and closing the door. If you find areas where there is little or no resistance to pulling the bill out, when the door is closed, replace the door gasket. If you need more help, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my responses, when we end our discussion. I'm not paid, unless you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Ok the beeping is likely coming from the main control board on the unit. This is not a door issue at all. Can you tell me is anything odd showing up on the display? This display any of the indicators lit that should not be?

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!