Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

SA 662 X dishwashed. The cycle has finished and I cannot

Customer Question

SA 662 X dishwashed. The cycle has finished and I cannot open the dishwasher door.
The handle depresses part way and I cannot access the part underneath to open the door. Please help as I don't want to force anything.
Thank you.
Peta
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect the latch release has broken or there is something wedging the door at the top. Does wiggling side to side while trying to release the latch make any difference?