Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Westinghouse ceramic top upright. Model 557. My

Customer Question

I have a Westinghouse ceramic top upright. Model 557. My father bought it about 6 years ago. He died 4 years ago. I'm trying to tidy up his house to lease. He had a huge cockroach infestation in the house. Tiny bugs got into the control panel. He believed they shorted out the controls. The grill still works but nothing else. The control lights work for the oven and grill. The fan works in the oven but doesn't heat. I'm nervous to get someone out to pay $100 to be told it's finished.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I just told you.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

I am telling based on my personal experience over 20 years throw the unit out. The cockroaches will have destroyed a bunch of wiring and it is not going to be pretty or worth fixing. Buy a new unit 100%.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!