Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

We have an KSV62HRB outside unit (aircon) matched with the

Customer Question

we have an KSV62HRB outside unit (aircon) matched with the inside and the defrost light will not go out and fan does not work at this time , the unit is working outside. the unit will cool but will not heat
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

What you are seeing is probably normal if the ambient temperature is pretty cold. The link below will lead you to an article that explains the defrost process very well.

Now, if it remains in defrost, you may have a faulty sensor. Has it reset yet?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Kelly
The unit is unserviceable and will have to be replaced. Thanks for your input.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thank you.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!