John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a Dometic Rm4605 fridge and everything works well

Customer Question

I have a Dometic Rm4605 fridge and everything works well except the automatic gas igniter will not switch of when running on gas . It continually fires up and keeps clicking even though the fridge is running OK .
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

The spark electrode, in addition to lighting the gas, acts as a flame proofer to keep the gas valve open, until the cold control sensor is satisfied. In order to do this, it must have a good flame contact, so it heats up enough to send the proper signal to the control board. The electrode wire bends when it subjected to heat, and over time it pulls away from the burner and runs too cool. The usual fix is to gently bend the wire back or reposition the spark electrode for more flame contact. If this doesn't work, replace the spark electrode. For all the information you need, go to www.thetford.com.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.