John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have Teka Induction Hotplates, and I cannot get them to

Customer Question

I have Teka Induction Hotplates, and I cannot get them to turn on. I get the message 88.88 at the top which then scrolls down and becomes _ ie an underscore running up and down both sides of the hotplate symbols.
Do I have to replace it, or is there something I can do?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

If you go to, you'll find the replacement parts you need. A user manual is available at

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. I will just ditch the Teka Induction Hotplates and buy another regular hotplate
Since I live in Urunga NSW, I don't think it is an option to go through the UK to purchase spare parts, and I don't
believe a User Manual is of much help at this stage, just to tell me I need to replace parts etc. Definitely ditch this
one and move on.
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

OK. Thank you.