Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

Please help! I have a Fisher & Paykel dryer ED56 and have

Customer Question

Please help! I have a Fisher & Paykel dryer ED56 and have had to replace the door. Was able to attch the door back on but they sent me thewrong
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Weeks. The problem is that once I found a screw that would attach the cover that goes over the hinge and screwed it in tight (you actaully need two but I only got to screwing in the top one, the top of the door, L shaped bracket and all popped out.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, as I'm so close ....only two screws on the last bracket cover away. Can you advise? Christine
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Although the screw I found fit very snugly, maybe it is too tight and I still don't have the right screw for the bottom, but I am trying to see if the screw is the right size for the top of the bracket cover. Fisher and Paykel were no help, insisting that much smaller screws were the right size but they literally just went in and out of the holes not even touching the sides.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

See page 3 at the link below. I suspect there may be nuts on the back side that fell down when the screws were removed initially. Did you hear anything drop to the base of the cabinet?