Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have an electrolux front load washer model EWF 1087. None

Customer Question

I have an electrolux front load washer model EWF 1087. None of buttons are responding. We went away for the weekend and and when we returned the power light is very dim now and none of the buttons respond. I assume it's one of the boards at fault.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

You are correct that its one of the boards and its nearly always the main power board which is the bogger one attached to the right hand side cabinet of the washer.

Release the board from the side panel and then remove the back cover of the control board. You need to check the board for signs of burning on there.

But for the fault you have its nearly always down to the main power board that causes this fault rather then the smaller display board.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well, I've replaced the main board and still no lights or action. There were no obvious signs of burning on the old one - but it's pretty well covered so access is limited. There are no signs of burning on the display board either. Are there any other likely suspects other than the display board? If not, I'll replace that and see if it comes to life.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

Just check the wiring block between the front and main board. Give the ends of the block a gentle squeeze and retry it.

If still the same then its going to be the front display board I'm afraid. Quite rare this fails but if you have replaced the main board and the wiring harness is fine then that's all that's left in there.