John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

The dry button won't work on our LG washer & dryer,

Customer Question

The dry button won't work on our LG washer & dryer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WD-1438RD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's a simple fix yes, otherwise no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi, you said you were connecting us, is someone live?
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Do you see an error code display? Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No there is no code error display
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

OK. Thank you. Please open and close the door while listening carefully for the clicking of the door switch. If your hear the click, press on the door edge nearest the switch to see if doing so makes the machine work. If it makes no difference, replace the lid switch. Its part number is ***** and its price is $25.44. You can buy it at www.appliancepartspros.com.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That part is for a whirlpool top load washer? we have an LG front load washer/dryer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the washer part works, just not the dryer? so you would assume the door switch is fine?
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

The part I sent is for the dryer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi John, so you are saying a whirlpool part for a top load washer works for an LG front load washer/dryer?
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

The model number you posted is for the washer. The dryer should have a separate number. Will you please send it to me? Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a combined washer & dryer there is only one number?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
WD-1438RD
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

The part number for the dryer door switch is W10169313, and the price is $17.63. It's available at www.appliancepartspros.com.