Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My Asko dishwasher model D1976 is has a burning smell and

Customer Question

My Asko dishwasher model D1976 is has a burning smell and the cutlery basket melted at the bottom. I guess it is the thermostat. When you turn it on all the bars on the base go red.Is it feasible for a novice to replace this bit and how can I do it?
Regards
Geoff
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The main control has a welded relay on it. The control will need to be replaced, requiring it be totally disassembled. I would turn the breaker off immediately and seek a professional repair in this case!