Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

Need to know to pUT on defrost, To check heater, I'm the

Customer Question

Need to know to pUT on defrost
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: To check heater
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm the technician
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Having defrost problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Just put in new mother board
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The defrost heater is behind the rear panel in the freezer, shown as number 230 in the diagram at the link below.

There is also a sensor in the upper left corner of the evaporator coil I would replace, available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Want to know how toput in defrost mode
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Know where it is at to know weather the board put it on
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry, I misunderstood you. On the back of the cabinet is the main control. On that control are large spade terminals labeled J11 Line and J9 DEFROST HEATER. Unplug the refrigerator and remove those wires and place a jumper between them and the heater should turn on.