John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a Daikin ducted air con system about 10 years old in

Customer Question

I have a Daikin ducted air con system about 10 years old in our new house. It was OKed on inspection for sale, but now shows error code U8 - how can we rest the system? Thanks. Murray
JA: Has this happened before?
Customer: No. It happen the first time we tried to turn on the system. I discovered the second wall pad with the code about 15 min ago.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I just want to reset the system that was inspected and OKed two weeks ago.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything else.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

The u8 error display indicates an error between the master and remote controls. First, switch off the breakers in your electrical service panel for 15 minutes. There are probably two of them. The master control should reset the program and function normally. Check any batteries used in the main and remote controllers and the main thermostat, and replace them as needed.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service. Please let me know, if you need more help.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks. I have tried switching of the unit at the exterior switch, and while it hasn't worked I have lost the error code and only have a dark screen with 88 - I will replace the batteries and try again. I am satisfied with the advice, I just have to get it to work!
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

OK. Thank you. If you type the words 'Daikin fault codes" into your Google search box, you'll see lots of information you might be able to use in your trouble shooting effort.