Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

We have a front loader 5years old. WH60F60W, my wife said it

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, we have a front loader 5years old. WH60F60W, my wife said it just stopped during a wash cycle, so she hit the cancel option and got the wet washing out. We have since cleaned the filter - coins, hair grips, etc. Now we turned it back on an it is stuck at 12 minutes on the spin cycle. Any ideas?
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: fisher&paykel - WH60F60W 5years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: if we can
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: the techs cannot get out till july 5th
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

It sounds like the control will just need to be reset. Unplug the machine for at least 15 minutes and I suspect it will reset and allow normal operation. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay I am back, so we cleaned out the filter and now the machine goes into a wash cycle but does not turn???
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The timer is ticking down as expected but there is no turning action
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Did you unplug it and plug it back in as suggested?