AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.

Gidday from the East Side of the Deetch! My Paprika 350,

Customer Question

Gidday from the East Side of the Deetch ! My Paprika 350, will turn it's oven "On" , at a whim ! EVEN when the Hand (Manual) Icon is in the window, and the Control knob at 'top dead centre'="Off". I operate it like this :- If the stove comes 'on' when it ain't supposed to, I twirl the Start Time knob round and round , clockwise till the Oven light goes off. To be sure, so's it doesn't switch itself "on" at night , and burn the House to the ground, I switch "Off" at the wall before going to bed. I am dead scared of forgetting to do this ! I would like to disconnect the whole part of the Circuit which operates the " Automatic "Function, clock included, so that the Stove only works on Manual.Looking forward to your comments.Bruce.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sure ! The Model is "Paprika 350" , and was bought (alledgedly!) new , in 2004.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I know that stricktly speaking , I am not allowed to. I do have a heap of Engineering and general Tech Knowledge, having been in the Merchant Navy , and later a carpenter/Kitchen Installer. I know it would probably mean disconnecting one or possibly two wires...but the Circuit Diagram , inside the rear cover , is so small I can't really make sense of it ! With my wife in Care, and me having to find NZ$1000 a week for that , I just can't afford to call in a Tech.B
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing comes to mind Pearl...B
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Are you able to post a picture of the wiring diagram inside the oven?