Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a loose wire hanging of a "copper tube" in the

Customer Question

Hi, i have a loose wire hanging of a "copper tube" in the freezer compartment of our fisher and paykel refrigerator. I'd like to know where this is meant to be connected to as this female part has a aluminium male part attached to it.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect it is a sensor, possibly for the defrost circuit. Can you post a picture?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think the sensor is on the right side wrapped in white plastic, j
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

That looks like a ground wire that connects to the metal cover you took off. Where does the other end lead to?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the cover is plastic, as seen in pic., one end is attached to copper element -ground makes sense, but other end has a "male" end which is made of aluminium. I don't know where this part could be attached to. Everything is in working order but was curious if there is any foreseeable negative repercussions.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Is it going into the copper tube that is large on the left side of the coil?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

I suspect it is a ground but the service info does not specify and I have not seen that before. If it is running and cooling fine, I don't expect it to cause any issues.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
tks mate, may God bless your future, j
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** well!