George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs
19471162

BLANCO ELECTRIC OVEN - Model: OE606XP S/N: 121303003 R51 The

Customer Question

BLANCO ELECTRIC OVEN - Model: OE606XP S/N:###-##-#### *****
The electric oven does not work. There is electric power to the unit.
On the front control the centre does have three red lines no distinction what it is.
Turn the right knob to a position. Checking the wiring for power supply there is power to the coil above the thermostat control and to the centre electronic control unit. Turn the thermostat and a click can be heard but no operation in service.
I ask the question could the electronic control unit be a fault. I have recorded some details on the top of unit. NARI 041499004606.
Have I provided enough information to enable an answer to put oven into service, thanks.
Peter Herbert
Email: ***@******.***
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 5 months ago.

Hello Peter, my name s George,

Yes, it does seem that you have an issue with the Clock/Timer. However, before replacing the timer, turn off the appliance at the wall for 15mins, then turn it back on.. This MAY reset the electronics in the timer.

If you cannot get the timer to react correctly, then here is a link to the correct timer to purchase as a replacement

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
GeorgeThank you for your message.A follow up from your response on Monday 20th June.
I copied in blue text below above your message.
Power supply to Blanco Oven turned off did not reset, therefore I followed up with your link to purchase Electronic Timer.
Below is detail provided to purchase. When I clicked Add to Cart, no response was received. I see above Add to Cart - On Back-order $114.76(inc GST)
I called number 1800 025 139 and was informed to order on back-order will be about 10 days and cost given was $147.70
Why is $114.76 on your link upgraded to $147.70? I gave company name, ABN and License number which should be trade price.
There was a cost when I went through your section $58.00 plus $5.00
When I add all three costs $210.70
My concern is that the total cost appears to be excessive.
May I have your response on the above thanks.RegardsPeter

Hello Peter,

I don't know.. I am not affiliated in any way to this company.. It was the only source I could find that at the time was showing the timer in stock.

I would pull the company about this as the price on the website is clearly showing incl of GST which I am presuming is your type of taxation.

.

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

I have just been to the page to test the situation for you and got this page... I have highlighted the result in yellow

I am only an independent engineer here to advise you on the issue that you have with your product..

.

Please reciprocate the assistance I have given you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.