Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Pearl, I have a hoover 600mb top loader washing machine. It

Customer Question

HI there Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have a hoover 600mb top loader washing machine. It works and washes clothes until it gets to the spin cycle wherupon it just simply does not spin..
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hoover 600mb
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: its an old machine
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: its more than 10 yrs old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

It sounds like the lid switch may be faulty. When you open and close the lid, do you hear the lid switch clicking?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It goes through the whole cycle, yet when it gets to the spin cycle-it makes the sound of doing the spin cycle yet without doing the spinning....It clicks into the cycle yet the drum does not spin,
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Okay, so it is a mechanical issue with the drive components. Can you look to see if the belt is spinning the large pulley (number 23 in picture at link below) when it should be spinning?

CLICK HERE