Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My machine shows the E20 error .I have cleaned out the drain

Customer Question

My machine shows the E20 error .I have cleaned out the drain and restarted the machine and the same thing happened as I have not been watching the machine I don't know how far through the cycle it is happening. Have cleaned out the drain again.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Westinghouse 8kg Front Loader EWF1090. Bought in 2009
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If simple will give it a go
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't open door
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

There is a very good chance the unit will need the pump replaced. Often the impeller goes bad on the pump then sometimes it will pump out and other times it will not. Based on the machine, its age and make I would change the pump out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!