John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Hoover 700LC wont spin

Customer Question

Hoover 700LC wont spin
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

The problem part is most likely the motor control unit. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $105.80. You can buy it at www.spares.bigwarehouse.com.au.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think there are other issues....the servo actuator works but the cable is slack and only moves the lever a few milimeters. The thing agitates in short bursts instead of spinning. If I move the lever a bit more then something engages and it starts to spin but the motor is only running in short bursts and not a proper spin cycle..
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
also, bigwarehouse link seems to be busted.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

I think the problem is in the lid switch assembly. The part number for the switch is(###) ###-#### ***** the price is $38.19.

The website is fine from my U.S. location.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Lid switch seems to be OK...I have placed an object in there to close the circuit......enables me to see what is going on with the rest of it.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

From the photo of the actuator cover I see, it looks like you're able to disassemble it, and check the switch cams for proper function. If you need to replace them, they're also available at www.sparesbigwarehouse.com.au.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have disconnected the actuator from the lever and the chassis but it is still connected to the circuit. when the timer gets to "spin" the actuator winds the cable in 20mm. It has plenty of torque....
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but as I said earlier, the cable is slack when installed and only gives about 5mm of actuation on lever.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I move it further with tyre lever the bowl starts to spin but main motor is intermittent for entire spin cycle on timer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it could be the motor control unit as you said but It seems odd that actuator cable is loose at the same time.