Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

LG model FMN09602RR - STOPPED WORKING - ERROR CODE CH15 -

Customer Question

LG model FMN09602RR - STOPPED WORKING - ERROR CODE CH15 - ONE OF SET OF FOUR
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

That is not a valid fault, there is a 115 code but no 15 code, if you see that try to power the unit off for a minute at the mains and then turn it back on. See if it clears.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
dID TURN IT OFF BUT WHEN TURNED BACK ON REVERTS TO CH15

OK I found it that is a Fan Communication code meaning the board is not communicating with the indoor fan so normally the board is bad 99% of the time when you get that code. I would say time for a new board if the wiring from the fan checks fine to the board.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!