bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a twin cooling double door Samsung the fridge is warm

Customer Question

Hi I have a twin cooling double door Samsung the fridge is warm and the freezer is cool just sometimes cooler than other times, I ran the fault codes and it came up with a fridge defrost sensor so I had it replaced the service guy said if this doesn't work then it's the compressor, it didn't work .but after reading various stories it could be a few things, so far I've taken the bottom panel on the rear and finding everything caked in dust and webs I've cleaned it well, I noticed the fan next to the compressor running but the compressor seemed hot, when I start the fridge it clicks 3 times some say it's the relay or something but if you ask me I think the air isn't circulating at all I feel nothing coming out of the fridge vents
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No that's everything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

The compressor feels hot to touch after running a bit. That's normal. Will you please send the model number, so I can find the technical information I need to assist you? Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
SRS691GDIS
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK. Thank you. When you vacuumed, did you remove a layer of lint and dust from the condenser coil radiator? If not, do that, and give the fridge a couple of hours to cool down, and stabilize. If you need more assistance, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi again so I cleaned the fins as well as I could, the temp came down overnight and reads correct but the food and the temp inside the fridge just doesn't feel as cold as other refrigerators I don't think it's a safe temp
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

The best temperature for the freezer is 0 t0 5 degrees, and for the refrigerator is 42 to 45 degrees. If you doubt the temperature display, you'll need to check the section with a refrigerator thermometer. You can buy a shelf type mechanical at any good hardware or building supply store. Please let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's reading as 3 degrees C which is colder than your recommended F of 40 off degrees. But it's probably actually quite warm as it feels no way near cold enough, food is going off very quickly and milk is curdling. Why isn't it cold but reads colder?
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

The defrost sensor needs to be replaced. It's not turning the heater off. Its part number is ***** and its price is $56.54. You can buy it at www.spares.bigwarehouse.com.au.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my responses. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi I ran the fault codes in the very beginning and the fridge defrost sensor came up so I got a technician to replace it please refer to my earlier comments
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK. Thank you. Please take a moment to rate my service.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I cannot rate your service as the problem is not fixed. Unless I use this as the basis of your rating?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem - firstly can you confirm that the fan in the fridge unit is working and spinning?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi please tell me how I can check the fan? Where is it located? At this stage it doesn't sound like it is working and I feel no air flowing out of the twin cooling vents on the back of the fridge . Thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

OK the fan is controlled by the door switch which also controls the lights inside - so open the door locate the door switch and you should hear the fan if you press it in. The fan is fitted behind the lower evaporator cover at the bottom of the fridge cavity.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't locate a switch but there is a white flat thing in the door hinge which could be a sensor rather than a switch. The double door model of the unit is fairly current maybe they don't have a door switch that can be pushed?