Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have an electrolux dishwasher DX300WA*06. It is a Global

Customer Question

We have an electrolux dishwasher DX300WA*06. It is a Global series. The handle broke and we replaced it, no problem. however the thermistor was just dangling when the front cover was taken off. I assumed it was fixed somehow to the non insulated part of the door but could not see where. I taped it back on but not sure of the right place. Ever since the dishwasher seems to work ok but the Normal light begins to flash halfway through the wash cycle. Can you tell me where the thermistor should be placed.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Can you take a pic under it so I can see what you are seeing to point it out.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No dishwasher has been reasembled
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you can send me a diagram as to where the thermistor should be attached that would be great.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how it should be attached

Just use the paperclip attachment to upload it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have you an answer yet? I forgot to mention I suspect the dishwasher is overheating as it partly melted (deformed) a plastic cup wash before last.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cannot find the paperclip you refer to. What should I look for
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have not yet got an answer as to where this paperclip is, anything I click just takes me back to this page. If I pay another $35 to talk to you then I will have paid a total of $70 which is what I would pay for a call out.

You should see a papeclip to upload pictures on your page.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I assume you mean a paperclip symbol like an email attachment. I reiterate there is no paperclip either in your emails or on the question page. Anything and everything I click just takes me back to the question page. Can you not pdf the reply and attach it to an email?

You have to use the site interface to do this, customers link stuff to me everyday I am not sure why you are not seeing it, you can let customer service know and they should be able to help.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not sure either. Maybe you could just tell me where the thermistor goes and how it is attached.

Do you see a clip on it, it should attach in a spot on the bottom of the sump.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it wouldn't reach the sump. The control panel is on the top of the door and the thermistor is on the 2 wires from the control panel and is about 400 mm long. I only took the door of as the original problem was the plastic frame holding the handle which released the catch broke. We got a new replacement from Appliance Spares in Sydney Australia fitted it and that problem was fixed. As I said earlier when I pulled the front panel of the door the thermistor was dangling and I could not see where and how it was fixed. The dishwasher works but the Normal light flashes during the wash cycle and the manual says it is a temperature problem and it distorted a plastic cup. So to me it means it is not sensing the temperature and is overheating. I am an electronics technician and understand that if left uncorrected it could lead to further problems. By the sound of you answers it seems you are not familiar with this particular model.

I have checked the parts diagram on it, it just does not clearly show where it goes let me see if another expert can help...I could tell you with some pics, but if you can not get them uploaded I probably can not help with this.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cannot rate your service yet as I have not received a satisfactory answer. You say you have sent me some pics but you have not said what the pics are of and in any case I seem not to be able to download them. There has been no suggestion of what might be wrong that I cannot download them, what format they are in etc. So if I did rate it at this time it would be bad.