Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a RMD 8551 fridge in our MH. Up until yesterday no

Customer Question

Hi - we have a RMD 8551 fridge in our MH. Up until yesterday no issues, but overnight the LED (blue)light on the left side of the fridge flashes with an audible signal. There are no fault lights on the other panel. It has happened on 240v and 12v and gas. Are you able to help us
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What pattern is the light flashing?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The light blinks for about 10 seconds with the sound and then blinks on its own for a couple of minutes. Then the sound recommences for another another 10 seconds and this just repeats. Please note it is not one of the operating control buttons.

Here is a list of the error codes that you can match up

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello - as I have said before the led light is not one on the control panel do these are no use to me. The blue light that is flashing is on the extreme left of the door frame. I cannot find anything about a fault light in the manual but I do know that if the door is left open this light does let you know by flashing. The door is closed do it is not this issue. Please help me find a solution as we are on the road travelling and need our refrigerator.

This is not an error and is something wrong with the control board on the unit, I do not think this will be repairable on the road let me see if another expert can assist.