Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Miele G638 1 plus Inlet drain light on

Customer Question

Miele G638 1 plus
Inlet drain light on
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

hi I'm Ezekiel I will be helping you with this matter

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

Power off/on the unit. If the light blinks when you turn it on, Press and hold the start button 4 seconds with the door open. Find the combination of off/on buttons to press to reset the machine in the user manual.
If the machine runs continuously as soon as you pressed on the power button, then you have water under the unit in the safety pan This happens randomly. There is a long thin bottom panel along the floor. Then there is another panel behind it. Behind, there is a pan that holds water. If too much water gets in that pan the intake/drain light comes on. Take those two panels off, feel in the pan, if there is water pooled, then dry all the water in the pan, This may solve your problem

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

The intake drain light on your MIELE references typically a motor jambed, if the unit is not starting and that light is on normally the main motor will be seized or jambed. If the circulation pump never starts I would say you need to use the special tool or the fork method (CLICK HERE) to clear it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.